Posted by Jessica Beaudry on Mon, Jul 09, 2018 @ 11:45 AM
Each year, thousands of animal health professionals gather for veterinary education, product discovery, business development and networking opportunities at the AVMA Convention. The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) welcomes practicing veterinarians, AVMA members, retired members, non-members, veterinary students, members of international veterinary associations, veterinary technicians, veterinary technician students, practice staff, and non-veterinarians to attend. The 2018 Convention offers:
- Five full days of scheduled events
- The ability to earn more than 40 continuing education (CE) credits
- Hundreds of CE sessions taught by leaders in veterinary medicine
- “Networking opportunities with peers, potential partners, suppliers and experts”
- Over 300 exhibitors displaying cutting-edge technologies, products and solutions
- “Speakers, exhibitors and attendees who are at the forefront of the veterinary profession”
The AVMA Convention 2018 will take place July 13 – 17 in Denver, Colorado at the Colorado Convention Center.
Veterinary Education for Every Specialty
Due to the convention offering “the most complete selection of veterinary CE anywhere,” professionals of all backgrounds and specialties will find veterinary education topics relevant to individual interests. Some session categories include entity programming, companion animal medicine, farmed animal and equine medicine, hot topics, veterinary technology, public and corporate practice, practice management and professional development. A sampling of subtopics include anesthesiology, animal welfare, behavior, case reports, dermatology, finance, parasitology, personal growth, small mammals, and vaccinology.
Educational content will be offered in several formats.
- General CE sessions taking place throughout the convention will be presented by single lecturers and panels.
- Hands-on sessions will allow attendees to join small groups for interactive labs, workshops and training led by expert instructors.
- Meet-the-Experts Round Table sessions provide an opportunity for networking with peers and speakers in a casual setting while earning CE credits.
- Researchers and practitioners will present their findings in Posters.
- Symposiums are “multi-hour programs focused on veterinary issues and services.”
- Add-on sessions include Lunchtime Connections, Refresher sessions held during select afternoon breaks and Sunrise CE taking place during breakfast.
Attendees can utilize the CE & Events Schedule page on the AVMA website to search for sessions and build an individualized schedule.
The AVMA convention app also serves as an agenda setting tool. Additional features include the ability to email CE certificates from the app, access to the exhibitor directory with booth numbers and locations, real-time convention alerts and a photo gallery housing pictures uploaded by attendees. The app will store attended sessions and recommend veterinary education opportunities based off of those events.
Beneficial Products and Services
From state-of-the-art medical supplies to companion animal products, top industry providers will present a variety of tools and services in the exhibit hall. AVMA encourages attendees to visit the AVMA LIFE Wellness booth located in the Center for Wellbeing on level 1, lobby A for health screenings. The 2018 schedule provides eight and half hours of dedicated exhibit hall time without concurrent sessions.
For the app game VetAdventure: Mobile Passport, attendees can visit designated booths and complete trivia questions to earn points. One of the first 100 players to visit all of the stops will receive a special limited edition prize. All participants who reach 1,000 points by Monday, July 16 at 1 p.m. will receive a limited edition convention t-shirt and will be automatically entered in the grand prize drawing.
Alongside professional development, the AVMA 2018 Convention will equip animal health professionals with the veterinary education, skills and tools to remain successful in the ever-evolving field of veterinary medicine. Interested professionals may register here, and use AVMA’s approval letter and expense worksheet when submitting a formal request to management.
CrossCheck, a leading payments guarantee company, provides check processing services that help U.S. veterinary businesses increase sales while reducing risk. Our VET-RDC program, for example, offers fast electronic check processing (remote deposit capture) and alternative payment options (Multiple Check) for clients in need of additional time to fund veterinary care.
Multiple Check provides customers short on cash up to 30 days to complete down payments on larger veterinary bills while allowing businesses to confidently accept check payments.
By implementing VET-RDC, businesses can continue providing critical care for pawed patients while increasing client satisfaction rates and revenue. Learn more by downloading our free guide.