Posted by Jessica Beaudry on Wed, Mar 07, 2018 @ 02:22 PM
Since 1994, the University of Innovative Distribution (UID), in partnership with Purdue University, has supplied building materials industry professionals with educational programming “focused on the unique needs of the wholesale-distribution industry.” UID invites CEOs, branch managers, sales and marketing managers, purchasing managers, sales personnel, human resources directors, operations managers, manufacturers’ personnel working with distributors, inventory managers and training managers located within the U.S. and abroad to attend UID 2018 on March 11 – 14. The annual event provides hands-on learning experiences led by top industry personnel — industry experts, consultants, authors and university professors — and peer-to-peer networking opportunities. UID 2018 takes place at the JW Marriott Indianapolis Hotel in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Course Materials and Continuing Education Units
Attendees will receive course-specific materials for all registered courses, including worksheets, background readings, exercises and suggested action plans. The interactive approach allows building materials industry professionals to apply and share coursework with co-workers and employers. UID also provides a notebook to contain all of the materials.
Issued by Purdue University, all attendees will receive an official Letter of Completion by mail following the conference. The university awards 30 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for “satisfactory completion” of the four-day program. The CEUs may be applied to a Professional Certificate in Innovation Distribution which is awarded upon completion of 90 hours of CEUs.
Building Materials Courses
To determine which courses best suit individual specialties and interests, attendees may refer to the conference brochure. Instructor’s notes, found within each course description, outline job titles and levels of experience most relevant to each course. UID 2018 presents six new courses.
- Distribution in a Post Amazon World explores how digital technologies change consumer trust, communication and companies by examining possible scenarios and outcomes.
- In Actually I Can … The Soft Skills of Leadership!, instructor Judy Hoberman explains why the mastery of soft skills, not hard skills, propel leaders to the top.
- The Successful Manager’s Toolkit outlines how to increase leads, key elements of a successful B2B online marketing strategy, how to avoid B2B website mistakes and how to establish continued success online.
- Speaker Bob Detsefano presents successful B2B online marketing strategies in 7 Keys to B2B Online Marketing Success!
- Attendees can uncover the full threat of Amazon business to distributors and the best reseller strategies to try on the Amazon Marketplace in Amazon Business: Defending Against, Partnering With, and Out-Innovating.
- Professionals will learn how to respond to the disruption of e-commerce in Jim Tomkin’s talk, E-commerce: Driving Industrial Opportunities.
Recurring courses will cover topics from sales tactics and performance to strategic planning and marketing methods. A sampling of course tittles include:
- The Foundations of Leadership, “They” KNOW it when “They” SEE it!
- Sustaining Growth: Making the Leap from Lifestyle to Professional Management
- Differentiating Your Distribution Company – A Winning Strategy
- Mergers & Acquisitions: How They Affect the Competitive Landscape
- Decide: Work Smarter, Reduce Your Stress, and Lead by Example
- Hiring the Right Salespeople
Attendees must select courses during the registration process.
Increasing the bottom Line
In addition to personal development, building materials industry professionals can strengthen companies by sharing and implementing knowledge and strategies learned at UID 2018.
CrossCheck is a leader in the payments industry with over 30 years of experience servicing retailers, contractors and the building materials industry. Our reliable services offer improved customer satisfaction, reduced risk and increased sales.
Our standard Check Guarantee service approves checks at the point of sale in seconds via terminal, phone or internet. Once approved, checks are deposited at the bank by merchants. Returned checks with an approved status can be submitted to CrossCheck for processing and reimbursement. Additional benefits of Check Guarantee include the confidence to accept checks with reduced risk; 24/7/365 customer service, technical support, and account set-up and training; approval of out-of-town checks, out-of-state checks, and checks from U.S. territories and Canada; and increased revenue. To learn more, download our free guide.
Tags: Building Materials