Posted by Joe Gargiulo on Mon, Dec 05, 2016 @ 07:00 AM
Using the tag line, “inspiring success through market intelligence,” the web portal of Power Sports Business magazine is a multi-dimensional resource for anyone in the industry. The magazine and website are published by EPG Media, LLC, a leading provider of statistics, news and information in the powersports and marine industries with titles including Boating Industry, Rider, Thunder Press and SnowGoer. The company is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Powersports dealerships, distributors, manufacturers, repair and service shops, and event planners can garner the latest trends, best practices and key industry statistics for developing more profitable and sustainable businesses. The content of the magazine and website complement one another, but they are hardly duplicate efforts.
The hard copy is published 15 times per year with regular features:
- Company news and information
- Performance reporting (for dealers and manufacturers) about how dealerships are doing versus their regional competitors
- Aftermarket trends as reported by several industry sources
- Strategic solutions from industry leaders to help dealerships drive profitability
- Statistics: unit sales, pre-owned unit values, inventory levels, same store sales, accessories data and regulation statistics
PowerSportsBusiness.com is a 24/7 real-time overview of the industry with tabs including:
- News by brand: ownership changes, recalls, product launches and relevant legislation
- Features about pro racing, aftermarket success, fundraising events and road tests
- Events such as (1) the Powersports Dealer Seminars at the renowned AIMExpo (American International Motorcycle) with its B2B and B2C focuses; and (2) UTV University
- Power 50, a top-50 list of dealerships representing “high levels of customer service, sales and profits” while creating “an atmosphere that exceeds high customer expectation”
- Blogs: “From the Editors,” “Aftermarket,” “Dealers,” “Dealer Consultants” and “Service Providers”
- Webinars: “The State of the Industry,” “Powering Profit” and “F&I Compliance”
A recent blog article under the Service Providers tab discusses the failure of some dealerships at providing adequate payment solutions for their customers. Writer Kim Rocco recommends that dealerships should make use of the latest EMV chip card readers to facilitate buying ease and offer data security for their customers.
While credit and debit cards are excellent payment tools, they do not address one critical wrinkle in the purchasing process — how do consumers without lines of credit or sufficient account balances place down-payments or make large purchases? The solution is CrossCheck’s Multiple Check program.
Multiple Check is not financing and does not require consumers to apply for credit. They simply write 2 – 4 checks to cover their down-payment or purchase. The checks are deposited over 30 days according to a schedule agreed upon by them and the powersports dealership, giving them time to replenish their ability to pay. The checks are guaranteed according to the dealership’s service agreement, and the consumer leaves with their purchase the very same day. Learn more by downloading our free guide.