Posted by Joe Gargiulo on Thu, Sep 28, 2017 @ 02:52 PM
The CrossCheck editorial team appreciates infographics having useful statistics, a compelling argument and graphics with eye appeal. A recent work titled “Why Millennial Consumers Want Personalized Customer Service” by Time Trade Systems seems to “have it all." Here are a few highlights about retail customer service to whet the appetite:
- Millennials will make up 50% of the global workforce by 2020.
- 87% of millennials would abandon a dressing room (and the store altogether) if an associate is not readily available to help them.
- 71% of millennials prefer to shop a brick-and-mortar Amazon store versus Amazon.com.
- 63% of millennials wander the aisles until they find an associate.
- 75% of millennials use their mobile devices to compare prices.
In addition to data about retail customer service, the infographic also contains Millennial purchasing preferences in retail banking, financial services, insurance and healthcare.
Takeaways About Retail Customer Service
The expressed interest of millennials in shopping at brick-and-mortar stores provides hope that the traditional storefront may last longer than anyone predicts. Nevertheless, “interest” and “hope” alone do not pay the bills as online sales efforts continue to challenge chains and small retailers having a storefront.
In order to stay competitive, brick-and-mortar operations need to remain focused on brand differentiation, cost-effective marketing and social networking strategies, presenting fresh products and merchandising, curb appeal, and of course, the finest retail customer service.
CrossCheck offers a suite of payment solutions that simplify sales transactions and offer favorable purchasing options. The Multiple Check service is especially helpful since it enables consumers to leave a store with items in hand and finish paying for them over the next 30 days. It’s better than layaway, does not involve credit/credit apps, and provides guaranteed payments to merchants. Learn more by downloading our free guide.