Posted by Joe Gargiulo on Sat, Feb 13, 2016 @ 07:00 AM
“Eighty-one percent of doctors are at capacity or overextended,” states Physician Trends 2015, a report containing data, surveys and commentary on the future of physicians in the United States. The document was summarized in a presentation by Jackson Healthcare on October 29, 2015.
The report serves as a factual second opinion for physicians making, or at the threshold of making, important career decisions.
Other revelations include:
- A shortage of 46-90,000 physicians by 2025, especially among specialists and surgeons
- 46% of doctors give the Affordable Care Act a grade of D or F
- A $195,000 average salary for primary care physicians ($284,000 for specialists)
- Physician satisfaction declined to 64% in 2015 vs. 69% in 2011
- The average work week for physicians is 53 hours (9 – 12 hours per day)
- Doctors see a mean of 22 patients per day and a mean of 20 minutes per patient
- 77% of physicians who sold their practices said it was the right decision
Several sources contributed to the report, including the Jackson Healthcare Survey of 1,352 Physicians (June 2015) and the 2014 Physician Survey by American Medical Association & American EHR Partners.
Overextended or not, medical professionals owe it to themselves to review the benefits and advantages of CrossCheck’s MED-RDC service (Medical Remote Deposit Capture). MED-RDC saves time and money, helps increase sales, and mitigates the risk of returned checks. Click below to learn more.