Posted by Joe Gargiulo on Tue, Jun 27, 2017 @ 03:00 PM
The Academy of General Dentistry presents AGD2017 on July 13 – 15 at Caesars Palace Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. The trade event features educational sessions, exhibits and networking opportunities addressing the needs of general dentists, dental students and dental teams.
AGD2017 is a comprehensive continuing education program accepted by the Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD) and Master in the Academy of General Dentistry (MAGD). Dental professionals committed to lifelong learning may attend clinical and practice management lectures, discussions and hands-on courses. Registration is free for all students, residents and recent grads who also receive:
- Exclusive access to the Student and New Dentist Lounge providing CE sessions, a career fair and the opportunity to pair up with a mentor
- Free lectures including all 90+ courses in a new one-hour format
The registration fee includes:
- Opening Session with speaker Mark Miodownik (Thursday morning)
- President's Welcome Reception in the Exhibit Hall (Thursday night)
- Access to the Exhibit Hall (Thursday through Saturday)
- Oral Health Literacy Symposium (Friday morning)
- General Session and ePoster awards (Saturday morning)
- ePoster Presentations (Friday afternoon)
President’s Welcome Reception
Attendees will enjoy their first official evening at AGD2017 with hors d’oeuvres, cocktails and entertainment in the exhibit hall.
The AGD2017 exhibit hall features hundreds of vendors showcasing state-of-the-art technologies and services in the field of general dentistry. Attendees may also participate in free education lectures, entertainment and other offerings such as a book signing by Mark Miodownik following his Thursday morning keynote address.
General Dentistry Education
The education experience may be customized via 90-plus courses in AGD’s new one-hour lecture format. Topics include emergency medicine, CAD/CAM bridges, practice management and a comprehensive dental sleep medicine track with Stephen W. Carstensen, DDS, FAGD.
Participants are invited to end a long day of learning with a glass of wine as speakers expand upon their lectures in an informal group setting.
This program blends online learning with in-person instructions. Courses include:
- “Diagnosis and Prognosis of the Implant Overdenture Patient” with Joseph J. Massad, DDS
- “Esthetic/Prosthetic Techniques & Composites” with Lee Ann Brady, DMD
Free Lectures Samples
- “OMG I Got a Bad Review. What should I do?”
- “How to Leverage Your Practice's Brand Online Resulting In More New Patients & Word of Mouth Referrals”
- “Successful Dental Partnerships: From Associate to Equity Partner”
- “Diet, Reflux and Dental Erosion”
- “Can We Make Intra-Oral Cementation Safer?”
The event concludes Saturday, July 15 with the ADG2017 Convocation Ceremony honoring the accomplishments of AGD’s 2017 Fellows, Masters and Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition recipients. The AG2017 Convocation Celebration immediately follows the ceremony with small plate dining options and a cash bar stocked with wine, beer and spirits.
Upon returning to the office, dental professionals will want to spend more time caring for patients than conducting administrative tasks or problem solving.
CrossCheck offers payments solutions that are tailor-made for dental practices. With Medical Remote Deposit Capture (MED-RDC), for example, checks are processed electronically from the office, eliminating trips to the bank and extra paperwork. Details:
- Guarantee patient payments per the terms of the service agreement
- The option to process insurance payments without check guarantee services
- Online reporting with a daily "deposit slip," batch out report and advanced transaction reporting
- Enhancements include Multiple Check, Stop Payment and Business Check acceptance
Download our free guide to learn how it can increase sales and save time at your dental practice.