Posted by Isabella Passey on Sat, Sep 23, 2017 @ 07:00 AM
During the Opening General Session, members take to the stage to share their unique stories of why they were drawn to the dentistry profession and how it has allowed them to make an impact on their communities and families.
The event will also honor Dr. Usa Bunnag, the 2017 ADA Humanitarian Award recipient, as well as the Distinguished Service Award winner. “Being altruistic is in my blood,” said Dr. Bunnag. “It is my makeup, and no matter how selfish I want to become, I can’t shake it. It is who I am.”
The Exhibit Hall features hundreds of companies showcasing the latest products and technologies. Attendees can talk to experts and try out the newest innovations in the industry, and also earn a maximum of 6.0 hours of CE per day via the following venues:
- Technology Experience featuring the 2017 Cellerant Best of Class Technology Award Winners
- Live-Patient CAD/CAM Stage
- The Design Studio
- The Wellness Studio
- ADA Council Theater
New Dentist Conference
The New Dentist Conference (October 19 – 21) is tailored for those who have been out of dental school for less than 10 years, and includes a New Dentist Reception where colleagues can partake in an evening of fun and drinks at Game-X, one of Downtown Atlanta’s newest restaurants.
Each day of the New Dentist Conference (NDC) offers a different area of focus: Leadership (Thursday), Innovation (Friday) and Personal Development & Community Building (Saturday).
Selected sessions include:
- 11 Easy Tactics that Get and Keep New Patients
- 7 Proven Steps to Motivate Your Team
- Tips and Techniques for Delivering Superior Laser Dentistry
- Creating Powerful Practices by Enabling Emotional Intelligence
- Street and Pharmaceutical Drug Abuse: The New Threats
- Dentistry’s Role in a Mass Disaster Scenario
Mel Robbins, renowned TEDxTalk speaker and entrepreneur, will deliver the NDC opening keynote address while Dr. Jay Parkinson and TV celebrity Chris Bashinelli will make subsequent keynote presentations (Friday and Saturday, respectively). Parkinson founded Sherpaa, the world’s first primary care-in-the-cloud practice that cares for the employees at some of the most well-known and innovative companies in the world. Bashinelli is a moderator for the United Nations, a National Geographic Explorer, and has interviewed some of Time Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People on the Planet.”
Women in Dentistry
New this year is the Women in Dentistry Leadership Series, featuring three individual sessions by three highly accomplished and successful women:
- It Takes 5 Seconds to Change your Life – Mel Robbins
- Winning in a Male-Dominated Field – Molly Fletcher
- Drop the Ball: Achieving more by Doing Less – Tiffany Dufu
Networking for Dentists
The conference also provides opportunities for networking and connecting with other US dentists.
The ADA 2017 Block Party will be held at the Legacy Ventures Restaurant Row where a block in downtown Atlanta is closed to host the private party with appetizers and drinks provided.
The Exhibit Hall will provide a backdrop to the Hall Happy Hour where attendees can get early access to the Distinguished Speaker Series.
Peyton Manning — five-time NFL Most Valuable Player, 14-time Pro Bowl selection and two time super bowl winner — will lead the Friday evening Distinguished Speaker Series.
There will also be staggered Reference Committee hearings from the House of Delegates, the supreme authority in the American Dental Association, where members receive and evaluate opinions and information on resolutions.
Future ADA meetings include 2018 in Honolulu, Hawaii; 2019 in San Francisco, California; and 2020 in Orlando, Florida.
Supporting Dental Offices with Payment Solutions
CrossCheck created the Medical Remote Deposit Capture service (MED-RDC) to help dentists serve a greater number of patients with the finest dental care, including opportunities to cover insurance copayments or entire treatments.
Dentists using MED-RDC can increase sales, mitigate risk, save time and extend patient care with several benefits:
- Check guarantee for patient payments
- Processing of insurance payments
- Electronic processing from the office
- Online reporting with a daily "deposit slip," batch out report and advanced transaction reporting
- Premium enhancements such as Multiple Check, Stop Payment and Business Check acceptance
Download our free guide to learn more about MED-RDC.