Posted by Joe Gargiulo on Tue, Apr 03, 2018 @ 07:45 AM
Produced by the world's largest payments industry trade organization, the Electronic Transactions Association, TRANSACT is an annual payments technology conference for financial institutions, networks, payments companies, technology innovators and resellers of payments processing services. TRANSACT 2018 takes place April 17 – 19, 2018 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
The event features two-plus days of programming: an exhibit hall, seminars and keynote presentations by leaders in payments technology, and a fleet of networking opportunities such as business luncheons and dinners, galas and awards presentations, and a golf tournament.
The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA) anticipates attendance to top 4,000 visitors and 500 companies, including business people from all American states and territories as well as dozens of countries.
Three members of CrossCheck’s Partners and ISO Relations team will be near the center of the venue in booth #736 during exhibit hall hours. Vice President Travis Powers, Director of Partner Acquisitions Brandes Elitch, and National Sales Trainer Todd Little will discuss reselling and referral opportunities for CrossCheck partner organizations and ISOs.
This third installment of a three-part series covers networking opportunities; see part one for an overview of TRANSACT’s new features and part two for details about session topics among the six educational tracks.
Monday, April 16
TRANSACT 2018 begins in full swing during the pre-conference golf tournament on Monday, April 16 between 1:00 – 7:00 pm. The event is set at TPC Summerlin, an award-winning championship golf course that has been named “One of America’s Best Golf Courses” by Golf Digest magazine and the “#1 private golf course in Nevada” by Nevada Business Magazine in 2006. The $175 player fees include a buffet lunch, green fees, cart, range balls, warm-up facility, bag storage, locker and transportation.
Tuesday, April 17
After experiencing the enlightenment of five concurrent morning seminar tracks about payments technology, attendees have the opportunity to unwind during two simultaneous events from 12:00 – 1:00 PM:
- A Recognition Luncheon for ETA Certified Payments Professionals and ETA Young Payments Professionals — where attendees are invited to meet fellow ETA CPPs and the new class of ETA YPPs at this special luncheon honoring their commitment to the payments industry.
- ETA CONNECTS is a networking luncheon providing new ETA members and TRANSACT ﬁrst-timers with an opportunity to meet with seasoned industry professionals and have them recommend sessions and events based on interests.
Three consecutive social events are scheduled after the 3:30 pm conclusion of afternoon seminar sessions.
An Opening Reception (5:00 – 7:00 pm) marks the official start of the Visa President’s Dinner & Star Awards Gala (7:30 – 9:30 pm) where industry decision makers, exhibiting company executives, and colleagues celebrate in one location.
The main event is further delineated into a 7:30 pm Cocktail Reception and 8:00 pm Dinner & Awards Presentation.
According to organizers, “the ETA Star Awards recognize and showcase individuals and companies that have made a significant difference in the payments industry, through innovation, business practices, or contributions to the association.”
Recipients receive awards on stage and are featured in the TRANSACT follow-up issue of Transaction Trends Magazine and will also receive a promotional packet from ETA.” Recipients have been known to strike deals following the awards ceremony!
The Star Award categories:
- Business Partner of the Year
- Distinguished Payments Professional
- Committee Volunteer of the Year
- ISO/Merchant Sales Organization of the Year
- Pay it Forward recognizes the unsung everyday heroes who work in the payments industry and make the world a better place through community service.
- Technology Innovation recognizes “an ETA member whose use of technology provides for creative solutions that promote customer usability, increase profitability, or otherwise notable significant advances for the industry.”
- 40 Under 40 recognizes influencers in the payments technology who provide “secure, reliable and rewarding experiences for merchants and consumers.” (Nominees must be under the age of 40 as of April 30, 2018, but do not need to be a member of ETA.)
Wednesday, April 18
Attendees will be ready to unwind on Wednesday after a half day of concurrent session tracks and keynote addresses.
First, the Payments Pitch-Off/Launch-A-Thon & E-Pay Innovation Awards (10:00 am – 1:00 pm) recognized the latest innovations or the “next great thing that will shape the future of our industry.”
ETA is looking for the next generation of payments innovators! We want to identify the most exciting and effective startups in the industry today and support them as they take their business to the next level. If this describes your company, then it’s your chance to take advantage of everything ETA has to offer!
Fifteen companies that complete questionnaires in advance will be selected to compete in the Payments Pitch-Off consisting of:
Round 1 — A panel of venture capitalists will view the competitors’ products, listen to their pitch, and ask questions. Based on these visits, the panel will select five companies to compete in the next and final round.
Round 2 — The five finalists will pitch a panel of senior payments company executives on the Payments Pitch-Off Theater stage. The winner of the final round will receive $30,000.
Wednesday evening presents “must see” networking such as:
- First-Time Attendee/New Member Reception (5:00 – 6:00 pm)
- ISO Reception (5:00 – 6:00 pm)
- ISV Reception (5:00 – 6:00 pm) — All independent software vendors are welcome at this networking reception on the show ﬂoor.
- Power Hour (5:00 – 6:00 pm) — an hour-long networking event on the ﬂoor of the exhibit hall.
- Young Payments Professionals Reception (5:00 – 6:00 pm) — The 2018 YPP Scholars and other young professionals are invited to peer-group networking with complimentary drinks and appetizers.
- All Attendee Party (7:00 – 9:00 pm)
Thursday, April 19
TRANSACT 2018’s networking ops conclude with brunch in the exhibit hall from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Other Opportunities for Payments Technology Professionals
CrossCheck offers favorable terms for partner organizations and ISOs.
First, its longstanding commitment to proper training in conjunction with superior customer service stimulates a level of merchant retention that fosters even greater lifetime residuals for ISOs.
Next, many merchants are longstanding customers because CrossCheck’s payment processing solutions have increased their sales revenue. Finding reasons to approve checks versus decline them is what CrossCheck does best.
Download our free guide to learn more about reselling CrossCheck services.